Monday, January 24, 2011

Sleepless by Terri Clark

Pages: 257
Publisher: Harper Teen
Age Group: Young Adult
Challenges: N/A
Release Date: September 1, 2008



The swaying Palms Hotel late-night room-service menu

Tuck-Me-In Tuna Salad on Rye
$7.50
Catch-Some-ZZZs Cheeseburger and Fries
$10.00
Up-All-Night Chocolate-Chip Cookies with Milk
$5.50
Bedtime Banana Split
$7.00

I can't go to sleep!!! And not because of the cute boy lying next to me. There's a killer stalking me in my dreams. And if it's up to him . . . I'll never wake up. I have to find a way to get him, before he gets me.

Stars: 4/5
Cover: B-

Plot:
Trinity always has lucid dreams, and her dreams usually involve other people and their deepest, darkest secrets.

When a teen girl goes missing, Trinity dreams about her, and is able to tell the police exactly where to go. Unfortunately, by the time the police get there, the girl is already dead. But, they are able to catch her killer, Rafe.

Rafe claims insanity, and goes away to a mental institution. He escapes, and starts coming to Trinity in her dreams. The only problem is, if he hurts her in the dream, he hurts her in real life. And if he kills her in the dream, then she'll never wake up.

Trinity pairs up with an unlikely friend, and together they try to find Rafe before he finds them.

I really liked Sleepless, and it was even better the second time reading it. It was fast-paced, witty, and fun, while still keeping a creepy and suspenseful edge.

Characters:
I loved (LOVED) the characters. They were extremely realistic, I could picture them in my head, and they made the story all the better.

Writing:
I like the way that Terri Clark writes. Sleepless was narrated in first person, and let me tell you, Trinity was a great MC to get to go into the mind of. Sleepless was really exciting, and I'm especially impressed with it since it was a debut book.

Cover:
The cover isn't that amazing, but it's not too bad, either. I like the simplicity of it, and how it's pretty distinguishable from other books. One thing that I don't like is the font used to write "Sleepless" --- I just don't think it goes well.

Lovely Line:
For most people, dreams are nonsensical fantasies. 

For me dreams are an intrusive, ugly reality. 

And though I thought my worst nightmare had already happened, it was just about to begin.
(Page 20)

The Final Verdict:
I think Sleepless should have a lot more recognition than it does, because it's such a great read. If you haven't heard about this book before now, don't let that stop you from reading it.

I definitely recommend you go read this book. The perfect way to read this book, in my opinion, would be curling up under a blanket on a rainy day and immersing yourself in Trinity's world.

FTC: Bought.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of A Nightmare on Elm Street :) Being stalked in your dreams-- sounds good. Adding it to my TBR stash. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, thank you so much for the kind review. You totally made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Me: Yes, I think you would love it! Definitely add to the TBR stack/

    Terri Clark: No, Thank YOU for writing such a great book! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, and I try my best to respond to everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback. :)