Wednesday, December 15, 2010

In My Mailbox (3)

I didn't have time to do a vlog this week, because everythuing's been craaaaaazy. And I know I'm posting a day later than my usual IMM day, but I had absolutely no time yesterday.

Anyways, these are the books I got this week.

For Review:

"Listen. The Sanctuary of the Redeemers on Shotover Scarp is named after a damned lie for there is no redemption that goes on there and less sanctuary." 

The Sanctuary of the Redeemers is a vast and desolate place - a place without joy or hope. Most of its occupants were taken there as boys and for years have endured the brutal regime of the Lord Redeemers whose cruelty and violence have one singular purpose - to serve in the name of the One True Faith.

In one of the Sanctuary's vast and twisting maze of corridors stands a boy. He is perhaps fourteen or fifteen years old - he is not sure and neither is anyone else. He has long-forgotten his real name, but now they call him Thomas Cale. He is strange and secretive, witty and charming, violent and profoundly bloody-minded. He is so used to the cruelty that he seems immune, but soon he will open the wrong door at the wrong time and witness an act so terrible that he will have to leave this place, or die.

His only hope of survival is to escape across the arid Scablands to Memphis, a city the opposite of the Sanctuary in every way: breathtakingly beautiful, infinitely Godless, and deeply corrupt.

But the Redeemers want Cale back at any price… not because of the secret he now knows but because of a much more terrifying secret he does not.



This doesn't look like a book I would normally read, but I'm excited to read this. I'll be expanding my book horizons. :) It seems really interesting, too!

From Zoe:

This is a blood-pumping, white-knuckle sci-fi thriller of epic proportions. The FAYZ goes from bad to worse . . .

The darkness has been foiled once again and the resurrected Drake has been contained. But the streets of Perdido Beach are far from safe, with a growing army of mutants fighting against the humans for power in the town. In a small room of a house near the edge of town, Little Pete lies ill on a bed. In his fevered dreams, he continues his battle with the hidden evil that seeks to use his power to bring about anarchy and destruction.


Yes! I finally got this!!!!!!
I've been  wanting to read this for FOREVER.
I'm going to have to re-read the other books to refresh my memory, but AHHH! I'm so EXCITED!!! :D




In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees. . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what it is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place--and out of place, at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make--between honesty and deciet, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?



I wanted this book reeeally badly. Zoe's letting me borrow the ARC, and I'm superdupertuper excited to read this. This book also got a ton of great reviews.
I'll be taking this with me to Colorado.





Beware of a kiss under the full moon. It will change your life forever.
Celeste Parker is used to hearing scary stories about werewolves—Legend's Run is famous for them. She's used to everything in the small town until Brandon Maddox moves to Legend's Run and Celeste finds herself immediately drawn to the handsome new student. But when, after an unnerving visit with a psychic, she encounters a pack of wolves and gorgeous, enigmatic Brandon, she must discover whether his transformation is more than legend or just a trick of the shadows in the moonlight.

Her best friends may never forgive her if she gives up her perfect boyfriend, Nash, for Brandon, who's from the wrong side of town. But she can't deny her attraction or the strong pull he has on her. Brandon may be Celeste's hero, or he may be the most dangerous creature she could encounter in the woods of Legend's Run.

Psychic predictions, generations-old secrets, a town divided, and the possibility of falling in love with a hot and heroic werewolf are the perfect formula for what happens . . . once in a full moon.

I've read the first book, Vampire Kisses, in Ellen's other series, and it was pretty good. So I'm excited to read this book and see how she switches it up from her other series and writes about werewolves.


*And I also got a pretty Dark Divine bookmark!
Yaaaay, swag!

That's all I got this week. Feel free to link below what's in YOUR mailbox. :)

2 comments:

  1. Great books for you this week !! I can't wait to read Unheartly and Once in a full moon !!! They have these gorgeous covers .... =)
    Happy reading !!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, and I try my best to respond to everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback. :)