Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Book-Blogger Tag

Usually, I see TAGs done in video form, but I figured I’d mix it up a little bit and make up a written TAG. I take EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. Yes, YOU. Enjoy. :) 
When did you start blogging?
November 11, 2010
How did you come across the Book-Blogging world?
I was in journalism class Freshman year (last year) with a girl named Zoe, and I really liked to read, so I chose to do the “book review” column. She came up to me one day and asked if she could do it instead, because she had a book review blog. I said, “sure!” and then I asked her what her website address was. From there, I had checked out her blog, and discovered this whole online community that loved books as much as I did, and wrote about them.
Which book blogs are your favorite (linked)?

I check those blogs out practically everyday :)
Do you have a “Book Fairy”? If so, who?
Without a doubt, Zoe is my book fairy. She is always lending me books, giving me books, and telling me about awesome authors.

Do you parents know about your blog?
Yes, and they enjoy telling all of my family to check out my blog on Facebook. They’re all very supportive. :)
Do you receive books for review from Publishers/Authors?
Occasionally I will get a request from a self-published author to review their e-book. Other than that, I get some e-Books from Netgalley and the Simon & Schuster’s Galley Grab program.
How often do you post on your blog?
I used to post every day, but then I started getting busy and in a book slump, so it was more like every other day, to once or twice a week, to a couple times a month. I took a little break and now I’m re-energized and excited to hopefully be posting every day! :)
What memes do you do?
“In My Mailbox”, which is hosted by The Story Siren
“‘Waiting On’ Wednesday” which is hosted by 
“TBR Stack” for the upcoming month
“Monthly Recap”
And I just started a new meme called “Who’s On The Cover?”
What book did you review first?
How do you handle a negative review?
I haven’t written that many negative reviews, but when I do I definitely don’t just bash on the book. I try to be respectful to the author who wrote the book, and I like to include something that I did like about the book. I usually include that the book wasn’t right for me, but that maybe someone else would like it.
Do you like to review your books right after you read them?
I used to, but then I started getting behind on them, and was writing the reviews a couple of days after reading the books. I try not to let the time elapsed between reading the book and writing the review get too big so that the book is still fresh in my mind when I write about it.
What other websites do you have associated with your blog (linked)?
Twitter (@laurapratz)
What do you like best about blogging?
I love the blogging community. Everyone’s so nice and easy to talk to, and it’s really great to be able to write and rant about books that I like or don’t like, instead of trying to talk to my mom or a friend about it, because most of the time they don’t even know what  I’m talking about. I have some friends that enjoy reading, but most of them haven’t read the same books that I have. It’s nice to post about a book and have people who’ve read the book talk about it with me and be able to have an in depth discussion.
Another great thing about blogging is being able to talk with authors. Before I started blogging, I always thought authors were like celebrities, and that they were too busy to talk to their fans/readers. I quickly realized that most of them are really down to earth, and love talking to bloggers/readers.
Lastly, I love finding out about books through other blogs and bloggers’ recommendations. I think it’s cool that I can discover books similar to what I like, but also that I can expand my horizons with books from genres I don’t normally read.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm so excited that you like my blog! :) You linked me! :DD Thanks so much!!!

    I'm gonna do the tag now, it seems like fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, and I try my best to respond to everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback. :)