Friday, November 26, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday (1)

Yes, I do know that it's not Wednesday, but I just couldn't help myself.

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Breaking The Spine, to bring attention to the books that we've been anticipating the release of!

I cannot wait for these books to come out!
(Be prepared, there's an awfully long list)




Natalie is Dr. Aphrodite, the love guru for her high school paper. But Natalie's relationship advice is totally bombing, especially when it comes to knowing what guys really think and want. When she tries to investigate, the guys in her class won't give her serious or straight answers.
The only solution? Disguising herself as a guy and spending a week at Underwood Academy, the private all-boys boarding school in town. There "Nat" learns a lot about guys and girls in ways she never expected—especially when she falls for her dreamy roommate, Emilio. How can she show him she likes him without blowing her cover?
***
Ever since I saw this book online, I had wanted it. First of all: the cover. I absolutely LOVE it. It definitely deserves an A+. Also, the synopsis makes it sound really good. It sounds kind of She's-The-Man-ish (movie starring Amanda Bynes).
Jody Gehrman writes books that take place near where my grandparents live, so it makes me feel more connected to the book knowing that the author is writing about someplace that I know and love.
I can't wait for this book to come out February 17th!


Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what it is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place--and out of place, at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make--between honesty and deciet, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
***
I've been hearing a ton of hype about this book. I don't know very much about it outside of the synopsis, but it seems like a really good read!
Unearthly hits shelves January 4th!


Sarah Weaver wasn't looking forward to starting at an all-girls school. But that was before she met Maddy. Maddy and her best friend, Agnes, are fun and rich and interesting—and for some reason, they seem to really like Sarah. Before long, Maddy and Agnes have moved Sarah into a big house off campus, where they cook together, buy each other presents, and share each other's secrets. So why does Sarah feel like something's bizarrely wrong? As more and more cracks start to show in Maddy's and Agnes's perfect veneers, Sarah notices some strange and disturbing things: Maddy's compulsive lying, Agnes's obsession with Maddy, and the deterioration of their friendship. And just when Sarah begins to question her own sanity, things turns deadly. Fans of Pretty Little Liars will devour this juicy debut novel.
***
This book seems like it will be really good. The synopsis really made me want to read it, but where it says that fans of Pretty Little Liars will like this book, I really really wanted to read it.
Unfortunately, there's a long time until I can read it since it doesn't come out until June 21st, but I plan to get it as soon as it comes out!


 Nina Oberon's life is pretty normal: she hangs out with her best friend, Sandy, and their crew, goes to school, plays with her little sister, Dee. But Nina is 15. And like all girls she'll receive a Governing Council-ordered tattoo on her 16th birthday. XVI. Those three letters will be branded on her wrist, announcing to all the world - even the most predatory of men - that she is ready for sex. Considered easy prey by some, portrayed by the Media as sluts who ask for attacks, becoming a "sex-teen" is Nina's worst fear. That is, until right before her birthday, when Nina's mom is brutally attacked. With her dying breaths, she reveals to Nina a shocking truth about her past - one that destroys everything Nina thought she knew. Now, alone but for her sister, Nina must try to discover who she really is, all the while staying one step ahead of her mother's killer.
***
This book seems like it will be really good! I haven't heard of anything like it, so I'm hoping for a really unique story.
XVI comes out January 6th!

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
***
Dystopian Society. Need I say more? 
I am really excited to read this book.
I haven't read Before I Fall yet, but it's in my to-read pile!
Delirium comes out February 1st!


On the last day of her junior year, Hannah's boyfriend Ryan dumped her. Facing a summer of loneliness, Hannah turns to her best friend Ava for comfort. Ava does what BFFs do: she stays by Hannah's side...until it's time for Ava to head up to Maine for the summer. Also left behind is Ava's boyfriend, Noah, who's such a great guy he gets Hannah a job at the diner he waits tables at. Slowly, Hannah comes out of her funk thanks to Noah's good conversation and their fun times at the diner. But things get complicated when their friendship turns into attraction--and one night, into a passionate kiss. The novel opens on the first day of senior year; the day Hannah is going to see Ava, Ryan, and Noah all in one place. Over the course of the day secrets and betrayals are revealed, and alliances are broken and reformed. In the end, everyone is paired up once again, but not the way you might think... 
***
I could honestly care less what the synopsis says. All I know is that this book is by Lauren Barnholdt, and I've loved every single one of the books that I've read of hers (I've read all of them except for Aces Up).
I can't wait for this to come out July 12th. I think this will make an awesome summer read!



When Violet Ambrose's morbid ability to sense the echoes of those who've been murdered leads her to the body of a young boy, she draws the attention of the FBI. She is reluctantly pulled into an investigation that will endanger more than just her secret...but her relationship and possibly her life as well.
***
I absolutely loved The Body Finder. All I can say is that I can't wait to find out what happens next to Violet and Jay!
Desires Of The Dead comes out February 15th!


This is a blood-pumping, white-knuckle sci-fi thriller of epic proportions. The FAYZ goes from bad to worse...The darkness has been foiled once again and the resurrected Drake has been contained. But the streets of Perdido Beach are far from safe, with a growing army of mutants fighting against the humans for power in the town. In a small room of a house near the edge of town, Little Pete lies ill on a bed. In his fevered dreams, he continues his battle with the hidden evil that seeks to use his power to bring about anarchy and destruction.
***
I love the Gone series. I would have to say that they are in the top ten, if not the top five, list of my favorite books. I LOVE THESE SO MUCH  I CAN'T EVEN PUT IT ACROSS TO YOU! :)
This is the book, out of this entire list, that I can't wait to read the most.
This book comes out April 5!
It's times like these that I wish April came after December.



I'm sure there are a lot of other books out there that I am excited to read that haven't been released yet, but off the top of my head I can't think of them. :P


What are your "Waiting On Wednesday" books?

4 comments:

  1. Great WOW, new follower.

    Happy reading!

    If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-

    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/11/imm-13-deb-week.html

    And don’t forget to enter my book-a-week giveaway!

    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/11/second-hand-saturday-3.html

    Blessings,

    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i'm a new follower :D !
    Wow so many good books ! I can't wait to read Delirium and Uneartly is on my Debut Author Challenge 2011 can't wait to read it too :p !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following! And yeah, I'm super excited to read them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, and I try my best to respond to everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback. :)