Monday, July 14, 2014

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

"If you ain't scared, you ain't human." 

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers--boys whose memories are also gone.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out--and no one's ever made it through alive.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.


Pages: 374
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: October 6, 2009
Stars: 4.5/5


Holy freaking crap. I can't even believe I've been seeing this book around for so long and that it took me this long to read it. I started reading the book with no idea what to expect with the plot -- all I knew was that it was super popular.

It took me about forty pages to get into it as I was trying to picture the new world being described to me and learn the characters. One I was sucked in, though, I was done for! I read this book ALL. DAY.

I've never read a book super similar to this before and I loved its uniqueness. There was suspense and mystery from the first page, and even the ending left a lot up in the air, demanding the second book to be read. This book was thrilling and a true page-turner.

I loved the main character and the optimism he brought to the story. The supporting characters were great and sparked anger, compassion, and pride in the reader where it was needed. 

I thought the detail provided was great. More than enough for you to get a sense of the world, the characters, and the way it worked, but not too much so that it took you out of the book. It actually got so suspenseful at some points in the book that I literally think I missed half of the detail during those parts because I was reading so fast!

I am so excited this book will be made into a movie because I can't wait to see the difference between the way I pictured this strange series of events in this book as opposed to the "Hollywood" way. 

I think this book could literally be great for anyone! If you're younger, you'll relate to the characters that range from 13 years old to 18. If you're older, you'll be hooked with the plot and suspense, and have to keep reading to the ends to solve the mystery.

GO GET YOU SOME MAZE RUNNER RIGHT NOW!! Read it before you go see the movie. :)

FTC: Bought.


WATCH THE TRAILER BELOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments, and I try my best to respond to everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback. :)