Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Die For Me by Amy Plum

Pages: 344
Publisher: Harper Teen
Age Group: Young Adult
Challenges: Debut Author Challenge

Release Date: May 10, 2011


My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
 
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.


While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

Stars: 4.5/5
Cover: A

Plot:
I hadn't heard anything about Die For Me before reading it on my Nook, so when I did read it, I was blown away by how much I liked it!

It was a really easy read, and a book that you couldn't put down. I thought the whole premise behind it was really unique (I've never read a book about revenants before), and I liked the spin Amy Plum put on the subject.

Die For Me had a lot of similarities to Twilight, which was the only thing that bothered me about this book. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not against Twilight, but I think a lot of YA Paranormal books are too similar to Twilight, and I like to see authors mix it up a little bit.

Characters:
As a protagonist, I absolutely adored Kate. She was really easy to relate to, and I felt what she felt. Her relationship with Vincent was extremely desireable (though very Twilight-esque).

In a lot of books I read, I only feel connected to the main character(s), and the secondary ones feel really 2-D. I definitely liked that the secondary characters in Die For Me were very realistic, and didn't feel like cardboard cut-outs.

Writing:
Amy Plum's writing is extremely addicting. She seems so experienced, it's hard to believe this is her debut novel. I couldn't put Die For Me down, and I can't wait to read the sequel.

Ending:
I realllly can't wait for the second book in the Revenants series. The ending to Die For Me was sweet, and left enough of a cliffhanger for me to want to read on to the next book to find out what will happen next!

Cover:
The cover is gorgeous! I love the colors, and the beautiful dress the girl is wearing. I also think the cover gives off a feeling of mystery.

The Final Verdict:
Die For Me is a book I definitely recommend! Go ahead and pick this one up at your bookstore. :)


FTC: NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments, and I try my best to respond to everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback. :)